Thread: Willow Creek

Default Willow Creek

Anybody run the upper portion lately?
    What are the conditions?

Default Willow

It's medium low, and has a log in house rapid.

I am thinking of floating the upper willow this weekend from Shirley Town to Deception Creek w/ my single man cat. I have floated the lower river before from the parks to the mouth, but have yet to raft the upper section. What should I do when I get to the large log jam? I know there is a branch in the river before the logjam on river RT, but I am not sure where that goes or if it connects back w/ the main stem. Also, I would like to know of any other hazards to watch out for on this stretch of river. Thanks for the help.

approaching the low end of medium low. I think it is almost safe to say low. Friends made it from redgate down in a 12' raft over the weekend but thought if it were much lower they would have passed.

here's the gauge, they floated on the 4th.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...,1,1,1,1,1,1,1"

Said it was fun but a bit mellow.

Saw lots of bows.

Don't think we will see high water until the aug or sep rains.

On the gauge pages you can click on the "weekly chance of exceeding levels" tab. The Gray bar on the graph is the one to focus on (90% likelihoood). Not being able to see the june and early july bars on the graph skews things as you can't see the springtime high water (since we are past those dates), but you can see the general trend for the next months which is nothing impressive.

Doable in your small boat but there are better waters to float this time of year I think, and ones that aren't so accessible to bank anglers.

Have fun. Post photos.