Thread: Any CFI's in the valley with a cub?

Default Any CFI's in the valley with a cub?

I am looking to get my private instructed only in a cub. I have started lesions out of palmer but it seems their PA has been down for a while and I hate flying the 172. I seem to only have fun when I am in a cub. I have sat front seat quite a bit this summer in my buddies PA-18 and have gone through take offs, landing and slow speed maneuvers. All needing improvement, especially takeoffs when wind is a factor. I would like to be comfortable in a cub because this is likely the only thing I will ever fly. I am not looking to be the next great Alaska bush pilot, im looking to be capable of tagging along with my friends and going out and experiencing Alaska. It would be great to find somebody in the Wasilla/Palmer area that has plenty of experience that I can log hours with whenever they are off of work or have free time. I work on the slope and am willing to fly (money allowing) as much as possible when I am home. Just a young guy who wants to learn the right way in a more casual environment. Anybody interested or have any ideas?

Dennis Giese 841-4933 or Dengiese@hotmail.com.

Nice guy,relaxed personality,competent. Tell him Jim with the T-craft referred you.

Thanks for the info! I gave him a ring and unfortunatly he is leaving town for the next couple months. He did give me the info of another guy out of willow that may be instructing still. I am going to try and give him a shout later this afternoon and see what he has to say.

Jay Baldwin instructs in Cubs out of Wolf Lake in Wasilla, but I don't know if he does initial instruction. He might be able to steer you to an instructor who does. Here's the link to his website: http://youflyalaska.com/

Hey cud, I can help you. Give me a call asap. Dennis