Thread: Tires

Default Tires

I have a Honda Foreman with stock tires. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tire or tire size that would be a better choice than what is currently on the machine? My primary interest is moose hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by gdkodiak View Post
    I have a Honda Foreman with stock tires. Does anyone have a recommendation for a tire or tire size that would be a better choice than what is currently on the machine? My primary interest is moose hunting.
    All season TRACKS.

Bruce.

Here's a thread of mine dealing with the exact question you ask here.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...es!!?highlight=

Now that I've had the chance to do some riding I will tell you that the tires I chose are sooooooo superior to the stock nubbin tires! These tires sling a bit more mud and staying with stock size keeps the mud under the machine and not on myself or my gear.

Just a couple miniscule negatives would be at speeds less than 5 mph on firm flat surfaces the rider can feel the rumble of the tire lugs and speeds over 25 mph on hard gravel roads the machine can be a bit drifty. These will in no way hinder my decision to purchase the same tires again when they're needed though.

One word of caution would be that with my old stock tires I used to like horsing around on my wheeler doing fishtails in gravel or on other surfaces with less than prime traction (big kid). But with mud lites they grip WAYYY to good for this type of horseplay and during a sideways slide will flip your machine.... lesson learned!

I'm currently running 4 psi on the front and 5 psi on the rear fyi

Enjoy!

-akiceman25

have ITP mud lites on my '04 forman I LOVE them great combination
    He who don't float. Don't follow the ARGO!

Quote Originally Posted by gdkodiak View Post
    For moose hunting your looking for a good mud tire I am guessing. The oversize tires will break axles with the extra weight so IMO you want as close to stock as you can get. I have a 04 Grizz and got the IPT mud lites, 25X9X12 Front and 25X10X12 rear, stock size with the 1 1/8 " lugs and they work great. I have another 04 Grizz with 27" tires and replaced two axles already. www.motosport.com has the best price I found. I paid $390 shipped to my front door. I ordered on a Friday and Tuesday morning they were here.

Here's a couple pics of my Foreman with 27" Swamp Lites. I loved the tires. Never had a problem with breaking axles and I've ridden that bike through just about any terrain imaginable including the peanut butter consistancy mud that we have in the deep south swamps of Louisiana.

I will never buy a set of Mud lights again, complete garbage. I have the swamplights now and feel these are the best tire you can have in alaska. I found them from Chapperal motor sports for cheap, and the shipping is crazy cheap. Cheaper than anywhere local.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/ i sing their praises. go check the "silver back thread" way to make shipping VERY cheap with Carlile trucking.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    I will never buy a set of Mud lights again, complete garbage.
    Why are they garbage?
    "Your papers are not in order"