Thread: Homer charters

Default Homer charters

Hello
    Ill be in homer on 8/05/2011
    And was wondering if anyone could recomend a good charter that will take out a single person as my group im going down with dosnt wana go out. I understand ill have to go with another group thats fine im mostly interested in fishing for halibut/lingcod

any recomendations thanks

Hello--I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but I probably will--I have had several fantastic days of fishing on the Sea Witch (43' Delta boat). Their charter company name is Alaska Excursion Adventures. I looked up their website for you--it is: http://www.alaskaexcursion.com/. Great people, and they really hunt down the fish for you. That boat would keep you safe in big seas, and the captain has lots of experience.
    Regards,
    Jim Earnshaw

Thanks ill defently give them a good look

Check out Silver Fox, Stay away from larger party boats and go with a six pack!

after doing some more reserch i think im gona book with silver fox
    Thanks for the ifo

Look up Capt. Tony on Falcon Charters or Capt. Mike on Spirit charters I would HIGHLY recommend you go with one of these guys, they are creme de la crop of the Halibut fleet. Quite literally in a league of their own.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

both tony and mike were top dogs in the silver fox fleet back when silver fox "made" their name.... about 3 owners ago....
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    both tony and mike were top dogs in the silver fox fleet back when silver fox "made" their name.... about 3 owners ago....
    I knew Mike worked for Silver Fox at one time but I thought Tony worked for North Country charters..... maybe I'm wrong..... do you know dave?
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    I knew Mike worked for Silver Fox at one time but I thought Tony worked for North Country charters..... maybe I'm wrong..... do you know dave?
    you're right, come to think of it. other "old fox" guys are peter on the sorceress, glaine on the irish (north country), dave who works for homer ocean ( is that the dave you mean?) most of the other old fox skippers have retired, moved on, or passed on....

Check out bear country charters...

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    Amen, Dave. I was recommended Silver Fox 3 years ago and the Captain wasn't very friendly and acted like we were doing him a favor by hiring him. Treated his shipmate like dirt and was happy to get off the boat with our chickens and haven't used that outfit since.

JohnSWA Sorry to hear that but the new capt's at Silver Fox are young and hungry like Mike, Tony and Chad were!! Dave things have changed at Silver Fox and for the better, be a good neighbor!

you are right MGH, they have been hanging some nice fish, thats for sure. I do think the new owner is working hard on the business, and the boats are looking good.

I'll be in Homer in two weeks and have booked with Silver Fox for 4 combo trips. Is there any particular boat I should request?

Arctic Envy, Rick "BIG DOG" as called by Larry Czonka.

Thanks for the info.