Thread: Delta Shuttle/Lodging Help

Default Delta Shuttle/Lodging Help

Hey, Iíll be floating the Delta over the weekend. We are putting-in, at Tangle Lakes, on the morning of Saturday, July 2 and getting off the river on the 4th or 5th. The wife and kids will be getting out at mile 212 (and getting in the truck) while I continue on down the Black Rapids section.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to be up that way and we could work a shuttle together, or if there is a shuttle service in the area. Iíve done my fair share of hitchhiking, but with the little ones, Iíd rather not waste any time.

Also, we are looking to stay in a cool cabin/lodge on Friday night and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a place between Glenallen and Tangle Lakes.

Thanks,
    Josh

Josh,
    Tangle Lakes Lodge has a shuttle service for $125. They also have rooms for rent and are really great to work with. I floated the Delta about a month ago solo so I just hichhiked back to Tangle Lakes from 212 with my alpacka and all loaded in my pack. The 10th car on the Richardson picked me up and the 1st car on the Denali hwy picked me up. I also got a few beers for the float out of it... thanks guys.
    -JR

JR,

Thanks for the input. Kids have made me soft; we are going to stay at Tangle Lakes Inn on Friday and pay for a shuttle Saturday morning. Hitchhiking is a great way to see the country, meet people, and hook up with free beer.

Later,
    Josh

Heg,
    I misplaced my watch at my first campsite on long tangle lake.. or at least think i left it there. If I can get you a map of where I believe I camped could you take a quick look for it?
    -JR

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland440 View Post
    Heg,
    I misplaced my watch at my first campsite on long tangle lake.. or at least think i left it there. If I can get you a map of where I believe I camped could you take a quick look for it?
    -JR
    Yeah man, no problem. PM me, and we can connect.

Josh