Thread: buying a raft?

Default buying a raft?

Hi all
    so Im thinking about buying a 2 man pontoon so i could mainly float the Cheana and Kenai, But im at a stand still at what to buy... i Dont have a trailer and was wondering if i could deflate it and it would fit in the back of a grand cherokee?? also are the pontoons at sportsmans warehouse worth any thing???
    thanks jake

I would say yes you could fit it into your Jeep, but catarafts or a bit more of a pain to take down and put up again over a round boat.
    If you want to float the kenai a couple days in a row it gets real old fast taking it down and then back together in a short time. You might not want to buy a trailer now but plan on one when you can as you will want one. As for sportsmans rafts they are made by outcast which is made by Aire. They have made them out of cheaper material over the years to keep cost down. Will they work?yes, but if you need help with warranty good luck. I would check out the raft shops and get one from them if buying new. Or keep a eye out for a used one on craigslist. Maybe rent a couple different ones and see for sure what you really like.

thanks man do we have a creek company dealer here in alaska has any one heard bad things about them?

Most of the dealers in Alaska sell Aire, NRS, Sotar,outcast & Jim Kings Boats. Its Alaska, think Quality and you won't go wrong.

fair enough

Heres the creek company ODC 1220 loaded for the little sue,I have it configured for one person here, worked great.

Well Jake did you pull the trigger yet. I am assuming you are the Jake I had a couple of great conversation with you this week on the phone. If so I hope I helped or at least provided you some reasonable information concerning your request. If not did you pull the trigger yet? :-)

I hope it all works out and you find what your looking for.

Best Wishes

Moose-O

Richard i did... i talked to Mark i think from alaska raft and kayak, and he has a pac 1200 that was a rental that he could have sold me. then i walked into sportsmans and walked out of there with a brand new pac 1200 for 1420$... minus the oars so thats the next buy. but thanks for all the help! if you have and 8Ft carlisle give me a shout
    jake

I am glad you found the boat and the deal you were looking for they are fun boats. Sorry I have nothing in 8ft lying around. Staying in Fairbanks area Sportsmans does sell oars not the ones I would want however suitable for your application. Also Beaver Sports has them last time I check might be worth the call or visit to them as well.

Best wishes with your new toy I am sure you will use it well.

Moose-O