Thread: Hatcher Pass

Default Hatcher Pass

With a dog and a 22-250
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

just another day in paradise...
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

"Nice marmot,"- Jeffrey Lebowski

Thanks!

Hahaha nice pictures.

couple pics from today.
    She was scared of this one.It's bigger than she is!

may i ask what you harvest the marmots for?

I know ass is in the word assumption, but I'm going assume that this thread is going to get interesting.

Default yes you may

Quote Originally Posted by andweav View Post
    may i ask what you harvest the marmots for?
    the dandy hide... and the good time

Let me perface by saying, "nice marmot." Secondly, is this prime time for pelts or are they just suitable and available and not much else to kill right now? I'm cool with any single or combination of answers. Could you make a hat? Maybe one of those banana hammocks ive seen in the window on 4th ave in ANC? I'd accompany you but I would only have to shoot for pika! Bahahaha
    Go Big Red!

Quote Originally Posted by PG13 View Post
    Could you make a hat? Maybe one of those banana hammocks ive seen in the window on 4th ave in ANC? I'd accompany you but I would only have to shoot for pika! Bahahaha
    Pika!? I know I couldn't fit my junk in a pika t-back banana hammock!
    I'd need no less than a trophy marmot, even then maybe two

The hides are good this time of year, though I suspect in late fall they will be prime. I'm not sure. And, in all fairness guys, we're all killing time until this fall. Something about being in the mountains with a gun and a good dog just feels right...

On a side note, like furfishgame brought up on another thread, I'm seeing lots of grouse chicks around. That has to be a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by tailwind View Post
    Pika!? I know I couldn't fit my junk in a pika t-back banana hammock!
    I'd need no less than a trophy marmot, even then maybe two

The hides are good this time of year, though I suspect in late fall they will be prime. I'm not sure. And, in all fairness guys, we're all killing time until this fall. Something about being in the mountains with a gun and a good dog just feels right...

On a side note, like furfishgame brought up on another thread, I'm seeing lots of grouse chicks around. That has to be a good sign.
    Lots of L48 chicks around Denali this time of year. They won't do anyone much good in September, but certainly a welcome sign of summer.

And that's a very nice marmot.
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.