Thread: Image Posting Trouble

Default Image Posting Trouble

Hey all,

This may be my issue alone but I am having trouble linking images to this site. It appears it has been a couple weeks since an image has been displayed here that was not hosted on the outdoor forums server. I keep getting a prompt that my reply/message does not contain enough characters. I have added text and played around in my end.

I wonder if anyone is having similar problems and if they have any info/ideas to share.

Thanks,

Bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by olga1913 View Post
    Hey all,

This may be my issue alone but I am having trouble linking images to this site. It appears it has been a couple weeks since an image has been displayed here that was not hosted on the outdoor forums server. I keep getting a prompt that my reply/message does not contain enough characters. I have added text and played around in my end.

I wonder if anyone is having similar problems and if they have any info/ideas to share.

Thanks,

Bruce
    Since this website switched the old software to this one, I have had all kinds of problems when posting images. The problem I am having now is that it does not recognize the "Photobucket" links to my photos, and show a warning indicating that my posts don't show the URL for the photos. I get the warnings with Safari as well as Firefox.

Sometimes the problem is different all together in that my browser's firewall gives me warnings about malware activity in the forums at this website. This happens every few months or so, and when I get the warnings I just stay out of here for a few days or weeks until things return to normal.

Anyway, all the forums have gone downhill since the software switch took place, and in my view this one may very well be one of the uglier and backward software I have ever seen on the Internet, but I can't complain

I've been having issues as well, so I just manually enter the tags on each side of the URL to get it to work...like this one hosted at shutterfly...

------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default Test

Testing...Sitka Pioneer Home

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

I had to use the advice of tjm and place image tags around the URL for the jpeg.