Thread: 4th of july shoot on the Keani peninsula

Default 4th of july shoot on the Keani peninsula

I never have done a big shoot like this, how much dose it cost? I know it is a state shoot but do they have a Sportsman class, or is it Pro only ? thanks for the help
    Bow hunters do it with longer shafts

if you are a ASAA member (ak state archery association) then i think it is only $35 for two days ??? but not sure on that. It is primarily a fun shoot. there are only 3 pro's in the state that i know of, and they compete amongst themselves. If you shoot Bowhunter equiptment (5 pin hunting sight, and short stabilizer) then that is who you will compete with. If you shoot with a slider sight/and or scope and long stabilizers then you compete in the freestyle division. It is one of the funnest shoots of the year, and they usually have a very long novalty shoot, split the pot thing. I highly recommemnd making this shoot. everyone camps out at the range, socialize and big campfire to hang out by. Ill be there with my kids. Harry

It is definitely a fun shoot. All of the people are there to have a good time.

Here is some info on it i found.

THE ALASKA STATE ARCHERY ASSOCIATION AND THE KENAI PENINSULA ARCHERS
    PRESENT THE 2011 INDEPENDENCE DAY SHOOT
    JULY 2 AND 3, 2011
    Registration @ 8am Shoot starts @ 9am
    A total of 45 targets: Saturday will consist of 2 loops of 15 targets. Sunday will be 15 targets with the awards ceremony immediately following. Scoring will be in accordance with NFAA rules.
    Cost: ASAA members $25.00 for both days and $15.00 for one day.
    Youth ASAA members are $15.00 for both days and $10 for one.
    Non-members $40.00 for both days and $20 for one day.
    Lunch will be available for $8.00. Menu to include: hamburgers, hotdogs, soda, chips, cookies and other food items.
    Novelty shoots: split the pot. Archery Flea Market: bring your old,unused or excess archery gear for the flea market to be held immediately following the Saturday shooting
    WHERE: Kenai Peninsula Archers Range, Soldotna Alaska. Take Sterling Highway to Soldotna, cross Kenai River, keep going toward Homer. Take the first road to the left after the Landfill. (This is directly across from milepost 99.) Driveway is the first on the right (about 2 city blocks.)
    If you have any questions, or need additional information, please call KPA President Len Malmquist at 262-7375. Come on down to the Independence Day Shoot it should be a great time for all
    Bow hunters do it with longer shafts