Thread: Whittier Parking and Boat Storage

Default Whittier Parking and Boat Storage

Does anyone know off hand what the rate is for parking a boat in the Whittier parking lot for two weeks is? I have tried to call them and they don't return calls.

I want to take my boat over for the 4th of July weekend but I have to go back to work on the 5th and since I am an oversize load i can not leave Whittier on the 4th. I was thinking of leaving it there for two weeks as next time I am home I want to go back to Whittier anyway.

Thanks in advance for the help.

John
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

If I remember right, you have to pay the full daily rate for 14 days, I dont think you get a discount until you do a month or more. I was checking on this some years ago though, and it might be different now
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Sponsor

Try Renea @ Dojer 382-7630. They are across from the large lot next to that bulk fuel storage.
    Rob Cone-Clark
    Whittier Boats
    http://www.alaska-boat-rentals.com
    Tel. 1.907.632.1188

They do give a discount for multiple days that are less than a month...but I don't know what 2 weeks costs. When you stay for 3 days (which I often do) it is $27 instead of $30 ($10 a day is full rate). If I remember correctly, they have a large board with the pricing on it for different time frames. I am heading down there Tuesday and Wednesday, so I will try to remember and look for you.

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's

I just got back. $50.00 for a week.

JR2,

Save a spot in that parking lot for the War Horse! That darned OVERSIZE limitation is cramping my style, too...thanks for the information Sockeye.

IceKing02

Finally got to talk to someone over there today, $156 for the time I will be there. Going on Friday AM and leaving the boat there until the 23rd of July when I will move it to Seward. By the time I add up the fuel and tunnel charges to go back and fourth with the boat its not bad.. cost of doing business I guess.

The Holiday restriction is crap. There should be a waiver for non-commercial oversize loads. I may not drive 70 mph with my boat behind me but I by no means hold up traffic or cause any problems. Heck you want to make the holiday weened traffic better, put a restriction on rental motor homes and cars. That would open up the highways quite a bit.
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

The thing with the Holidays is, traffic is moving so freaking slow anyways, it would almost be a better time for oversize loads.
    Responsible Conservation > Political Allocation

Yep...I read $50 per week also. What I did not understand was I read two different prices for a month. One price listed as short-term, the other price listed as long term. Not sure why or how there would be a difference.....a month is a month isn't it ?!?!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's