Thread: I want to take my daughter fishing.

Default I want to take my daughter fishing.

So every time I come back from fishing and tell my daughter some of the fishing stories and show her all the pictures she always says "I wanna go fishing with you daddy.". Unfortonately her mom won't let me take her out in the boat and I would think she's too small to reel up halibut. She's two and a half so I was thinking of getting her to a lake and fish for trout. I have no idea where to go for trout in the Anchorage or valley area. I would like to just do bobber fishing as well since I don't think she'll get the concept of reeling in until after she gets a bite. Any suggestions or tips would be great. I ask her if she's gonna catch the big one and she replys "I want a baby one.". So she doesn't care how big it is. I have her this weekend so it would be cool to make it happen. Thanks on advance and I'll post pictures if she gets anything.

Sand Lake, Mirror Lake, Kepper Bradley, Beach Lake, Jewel Lake, just to name a few...

look on adf&g's web site, they have a list of all the lakes they stock. I don't lake fish much but what I can tell you is that it would be best if you had a canoe or some thing to get out and about a bit.

Delong lake is a nice one for kids too with a nice dock
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Sand or Taku Campbell is your best bet.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Your daughter is only 2 years old.All she wants to do is be with her dad and have some fun with him.Dad's are a son's 1st hero and a daughter's 1st love.
    Take her to a lake near your house and keep it simple.A worm under a bobber works great and will tickle her pink when she catches her first fish with her dad.If there is a playground near the lake that's even better because her patience will be minimal at that age.Plus you can keep her mom from getting bent out of shape.
    Make it a fun day for your little one,take a lot of pictures,and then repeat often as she/he gets older and more skilled.Your kids will love you for the time together--any fish are just a bonus..................

or you could take her to the campell creek kids thing this weekend.

Sweet, thanks guys. I'll check out one of the lakes in the morning. Just want her to have fun with it.

I would take her to cambell creek but she might be a bit small for that right now.

So I took Rylee fishing and she caught her "baby fish". We'll teach her ethics as she grows but she did release the fish to let it get bigger(hopefully if it lived). We went to Kepler Bradley lakes. She caught this on her first cast. Later on we went to the boat launch area bud didn't catch anything. I'm going to try and load these pictures from my phone. Hopefully they work.

[IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww84/dawtimothy/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1943.jpg[/IMG

That's great! It looks like she enjoyed a quality day with dad. Both of my daughters caught their first fish in the Kepler park.

My daughter wasn't really ready until 3 but my advice (a) make it easy (b) make it fun (c) make it successful - You will have to do most of it for her. Teacher her to love going fishing, not to fish. My daughter is now 4, she begs to go. But we started on stock ponds, bobbers and worms. The barbie pole has now outfished anything else I have! casts well too.

Attachment 50316Five on teh Barie bpole

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Good pictures and good report.Glad to hear your daughter caught one on her 1st cast.Did she teach you anything ?
    Sounds like you made the day a fun one for her--and that is what is most important.
    Hope you both get to make many more fun memories together.
    Kids grow up way to fast as it is,make the most of a very precious time.

That is adorable. She looks like she was having fun.
    I have two of those poles, did you rig it up with different line? If so may I ask what kind? The stuff that it came with seems to break easily.