Thread: squeak, squeak, squeak, Kodiak

Default squeak, squeak, squeak, Kodiak

My 2006 Yamaha Kodiak is in really good condition, when I sit on it or turn it, or go slow I hear a lot of squeaks. I've wasked it and greased all zirks on the rear. I cannot find grease fittinge on the front. The CV joint boots are fine. Could it be the CV joints under the boots? I've often had to go through deep mud and deep water. Any ideas? Also, can I remove the boots to service the CV joints or do they need to be removed and taken apart?

Had the same problem on an arctic cat of corse I had torn the boot and not replaced it and rusted out the cv joint shaft or bearings I'm not sure which. Had it replaced and no more noise.

Check the brakes, my Kodiak and Grizzly both squeaked until I got new pads.

I have an 05 Kodiak, it's the rear brake. To confirm, while driving, slowly engage the rear brake and the squeak will go away. Not much you can do about it, they all do it from the day they are new (after you leave the dealer of course). Maybe after years of wear it will stop or loosen the brakes up.

I have an 05 Kodiak also, It is the rear brake. It drove me insane! i put EBC Sintered pads on and havent heard a squeak since.

I checked it and don't think it is the brakes, and I try to never use the brakes. Anyone know how to service the CV joints?

What about the front wheel bearings? Used to have that issue with an old King Quad that we had.

Just a thought - one of the front shocks on my Honda Rancher used to squeek (very annoying!) when going slow. I removed the shock, applied liberal amounts of WD-40. reinstall, squeek gone. Good luck.