Thread: 6.8spc upper ?

Default 6.8spc upper ?

Looking to get a 6.8 upper. Who makes a good one. Got a Mod 1 223 kit this past winter. Seems pretty good. But heard Mod 1 isn't always the best quality. ARperformance looks good. Anyone tried them. Little spendier tho. Seems to be plenty of makers. Who is good for the money?
    Thanks.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I have a pair of 6.8x43 uppers on order from arperformance. I will let you know what I think when they show up and I get to spend some range time with them

I have four 6.8 SPC uppers from Rock River Arms, and one from Bushmaster and they have never malfunctioned. I do like the RRA better.

I just got word today that my uppers shipped earlier this week. I am not sure how long the trip north will be but I should have a couple boxes arriving shortly! Now to find some factory ammo to "fire" off the testing!!

Look what the postman just dropped off!

I gotta second the 6.8's from www.ar15performance.com. I was in Pueblo, CO a while back and he took over an hour of his time to let us swing by his shop and talk with him about his products. He's doing some very cool things with the 6.8 and his clientele base shows it. Hit up 68forums.com and you'll have all the info you need.

Don't get a bushmaster. You can have a MUCH better rifle for not much more money buying elsehwere. That said, the BM's likely run fine for most...

Funny you mention the bushie, hunt.............Surplus Ammo and Arms has a 6.8 bush upper, complete for 529.00 right now. Got all the qualities a guy wants, cept maybe the carbine gas system. It's looking awfully tempting.
    I'm negotiating on a used 6.8 right now. A stag with proven ability. But if that don't work, I'll go with an upper likely.
    Lu...........how long from order to arrival on your ARperformance uppers?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

I placed the order the 24th of may and was notified that they had shipped the 24th of June. When I checked the mail on Sunday I already had a package slip in my PO box. I bought all the ammo that chimo's had so I have 80 rounds of 110vmax to break one of them in with this weekend. So far I am very happy with the service and product. Just need to see if they will shoot as good as the look!

Here is the first one topped with a vortex viper 2-7x32