Thread: first bow bear

Default first bow bear

002.jpg
    here it is only 5'6 but im still happy with it i shot it with the new z7extreme couple days before memorial day now i just need to figure out if i want a rug or a shoulder mount.

Nice work man!!! As one that just shot his first Alaskan big game animal with a bow that was also my first black bear ever and it was only 5'4" I can totally relate to how stoked you might be. WAY TO GO!!!

Congrats there is nothing wrong with a 5'6" bear especially with a bow. Great job.

Nice bear, congrats! I'd go with a rug, the hide looks perfect, would make a nice one.

thanks guys i was thinking the same thing blaster the hide is perfect there is no rubs at all on him and the only hole in it is from my arrow i was shooting gt expeditions with 125gr. montecs had a full pass through and got a blood trail about 2 1/2ft wide i hope they do as well on my moose.

There is nothing quite like bagging a bear with a bow...

I haven't been able to connect on a blackie this spring yet, though I did get my brownie with my bow.

Waiting for the salmon to start heading up the streams here so that I can try to get one on the streams!

Congratulations on a fine bear!

Be careful. I don't know how married you are, or not... But if you rug that bear then shoot a bigger, better one next year, you're gonna have a hard time selling your significant other on the additional rug!

And congrat's on the Z-7, but those unauthorized vanes have got to go!!! ;-P

Taylor