Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Successful Fishing with the Family!

Default Successful Fishing with the Family!

Took an impromptu overnight trip with the family for some camping/fishing and it as a BLAST had by all. I think there is no time better spent than with your family doing outdoor activities and sharing new experiences together. Sorry its so pic heavy, I am just excited about the time shared out there and proud of my kiddos!

We were packed for rain but once we got there, the weather broke and it got HOT!

Headed downriver

Once we got there, the kids immediately started exploring and getting a bit dirty

New tent!!

This thing is beyond awesome and worked out great. Its a Go-Lite Shangri-La SL8 with an SL8 nest. The key is staking out the nest, gettying it fairly taut (which wasn't hard to do on the sandy beaches)...

Can you say 200 sq. ft. of no bugs, minimal sand/dirt, plenty to move around goodness?!

Beautiful pictures, Enjoy that camping with the family while you can. They are grown and gone before you realize what happened.. Thanks for sharing...

We fished all that evening to no avail. They teased us continuously the whole afternoon by rolling and jumping and carrying on, but wouldn't bite. We sat around the fire, enjoyed the wildlife and a pretty cool show put on by the Air Force of C130s flying SUPER low and doing some pretty good banking turns right above our campsite.

Gorgeous evening...

Early the next morning, I woke up to "Are you gonna get the net" from our buddies who we were camped with and we were up and at 'em!

It was a gorgeous morning as well with a smoky river and a blue-bird sky

Between wrangling kids and cooking oatmeal, my wife got some fishing in and quickly caught her first ever king salmon...back to kid wrangling. (Good wives/mothers are worth their weight in gold)

I caught a decent little male a few minutes later as well.

Nice Kyle.

I do like that tent!
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Awsome post. Always a good time on the water with family nice fish also!
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Other than the great weather, great camping buddies, having my family together and my wife catching her first king, was my 4 year old daughters first king as well!!

Casting for her and mending her line with my hands was pretty much all I had to do to 'help' her get underway. She followed my instructions and after that bobber sunk all the way under, she gave it a hearty yank and the fight was on. I helped torque the rod and my buddy netted the fish all while she was squealing, screaming, and yelling at her younger brother. It was definitely a special thing for her, because she couldn't stop talking about it for about two days!!

She insisted on bonking it herself...

You can see she's a bit excited in this picture:

This one will likely get framed...I love it!

Awesome, simply awesome. Enjoy them while you can they will be grown before you know it.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Nice Kyle.

I do like that tent!
    Do you have one, Mike?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    Awsome post. Always a good time on the water with family nice fish also!
    Thanks! I'm always so jealous of the guys with the big ocean boats (spoiled-one and Brian M. come to mind) who do the multi-day family trips in the sound catching fish/shrimp/whatever, and I was glad to have such a great trip with the fam at least on the river...

Nope Kyle. I've slept in one but as of yet haven't added it to the collection. It WILL be the next one I purchase tho'.

Thanks again for the pics man. Looks like an AWESOME time.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

im on the same boat of jealousy as you hahaha, but we always manage to have a great time on any river. once again great post and congrats to the lil one.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Those will be some of your children's very special memories that will last all their lives.Glad to see and read about your precious times together.Cherish such powerful times and make more.You will all be better for it.

Where was that at? The pictures are amazing! You make me jealous. I cant wait till my little one is old enough to go with me.

very nice photos.

Great job, looks like fun for the entire family. I really like that camping spot you can fish off the bank or just push the boat out & drift slip bobbers off the back. Makes me wish we didn't sell the flat bottom last year.

Nice work brosef. Looks like an awesome time and wish I could have been along and would have if I wasn't packrafting with our sis and her hubby up by the Ruth Glacier.

That tent is pretty amazing. Twice the square footage of a 6 man Cableas Guide model at half the weight, looks like I didn't steer ya wrong this time Glad to see the kiddos get to use the sleeping bags we bought them for Christmas as well.

Thanks for sharing the pics and story so glad Mom and Daughter were able to connect on the same day, pretty darn special right there.

Thats great plan on doing the same thing with my family this weekend looks like the Deshka?

Awesome, the pics and story brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

Kewl Stuff...Thanks for sharing!!!
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast