Thread: DID you guys see this!

Default DID you guys see this!

Swampswimmingshrek just posted it on the chicken. Guess the boat that did this same thing a couple weeks ago sunk it on the bank where this guy hits.

Who in there right mind would let anybody sit in the back while running water like that? It looks like a fun set of rapids, exept the hitting rock part! People think I'm crazy for wanting to run the Matanuska with my boat, they have obviously never seen what these boats were designed for.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskabliss View Post
    Who in there right mind would let anybody sit in the back while running water like that?.
    I was thinking at least they were more stabile then the guy that was hanging on to the hard top, on the left. Life jackets were on.....

Checkout the video, Jet Boat Rodeo.....Dang. Wished they showed what happen to one the one that had the stick caught.

I Da Ho....them there fellas are crazy.

Wow, those pumps were working overtime after he hit that rock!! Incredible power and an amazing machine!

Wow that's pretty nuts for sure.. Hey alaskabliss: I have made two runs from the bridge in Palmer to sutton on the mat-Su and will be going again this Sunday with two boats I'm not sure what your running or your ability but your welcome to join in a third boat would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who in there right mind would let anybody sit in the back while running water like that? It looks like a fun set of rapids, exept the hitting rock part! People think I'm crazy for wanting to run the Matanuska with my boat, they have obviously never seen what these boats were designed for.
    Were you on the Matanuska last Saturday?

Unfortunatly I wasn't there and I can't make it this weekend either. on the slope till next week. I want to run it from Kings river to Hicks creek when the water is flowing good. I have A Tjet and know how to use it but want to run it in something faster and funner than the Sue

Unfortunatly I wasn't there and I can't make it this weekend either. on the slope till next week. I want to run it from Kings river to Hicks creek when the water is flowing good. I have A Tjet and know how to use it but want to run it in something faster and funner than the Sue
    Well fun it is it's the most aggressive river I have ever ran I would not recommend running from Palmer up with a Tjet but from kings up should be great running for ya for sure the stretch that you can see from the Blow hole pull out at the end of Palmer fishhook is some nasty white knuckle running not bad going up but coming down hold on I dubbed it the gravel slide cause that's all u do for about two miles

Yep, them Idahoan's are a few fries short of a Happy Meal for sure!!!!

Now, if the motor sputters or the driver falls out of the helm and kills the motor does the boat capsize? Do the people get trapped like rats in a sinking coffee can? Does the boat gently wash up on the shore or get destroyed like a fork in a garbage disposal? Does anyone remember that video of the race boat that stalled? That boat just disappeared instantly under the water uneventfully to never be seen again.

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Now, if the motor sputters or the driver falls out of the helm and kills the motor does the boat capsize? Do the people get trapped like rats in a sinking coffee can? Does the boat gently wash up on the shore or get destroyed like a fork in a garbage disposal? Does anyone remember that video of the race boat that stalled? That boat just disappeared instantly under the water uneventfully to never be seen again.

Good times!
    All of the above is possible when running water that is considered unnavigable but you could take a simple act like walking across a two lane road and come up with just as many dangers I was just curious as to the real meaning behind your post?

Cool video's for sure. I always run white water with my top open. That way when i take water over the bow and windshield it washes the floor as heads to the dog house to flood the motor NOT!!! These boat are amazing. After six years with my tub it still surprises me with where it will go and what it will do.
    2005 20' Weldcraft Sabre XL 350 MP
    SD309 AT
    2009 Polaris Dragon 800 163
    Custom Mod's

That last video is insane! I would love to go out in someone elses boat but with the top CLOSED!!! It would be fun to set up a Matanuska river run with a bunch of boats. Find a place half way for a sandbar BBQ or even camp spot. Make it an annual thing with a bunch of fun people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ItJmPsB_Jo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsA3w...1&feature=fvwp

A couple of videos of the jetboat races on the river of no return, these guys get up to 100 plus MPH on some streches of the river.
    Man talk about a wild three day party, I blush just thinkin' bout all the fun i have had at these races through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Yentna_rat View Post
    Well fun it is it's the most aggressive river I have ever ran I would not recommend running from Palmer up with a Tjet but from kings up should be great running for ya for sure the stretch that you can see from the Blow hole pull out at the end of Palmer fishhook is some nasty white knuckle running not bad going up but coming down hold on I dubbed it the gravel slide cause that's all u do for about two miles Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why can't he run it in a tjet?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta/ak View Post
    Why can't he run it in a tjet?
    Have you ever stood at the blowhole view point and looked at the river? Not Tjet territory..

How are you ever going to know the true limits if you don't take it one step beyond. Just remember that one step beyond can kill you. If that's ok with you then go for it.