I've never floated the upper Kenai. I'd like to. I have 14-foot NRS Cat, a beautiful wife, and a labradoodle.
I've inquired some, but need some more info:
- Can one camp, and is it advisable, on the islands? Are there any islands? Or is it better to camp on shore? Or is it better yet to not camp and avoid the opportunity to interrupt a bear?
- I always hear "Sportsmans" "Bings" "Jims" and more, but have no relation to what is what and where each are. The only thing I know is Cooper Landing and the Russian River Ferry.
- I'm not interested in going through the canyon.
- We are interested in fishing opportunities, but the trip trumps, and we're planning on going regardless.
- How does one manage the shuttle logistics of floating while using only one vehicle? I assume someone offers the service of driving a vehicle from the put-in to the take-out for some low low bargain basement price. Or maybe offers a ride back to the put-in?
- I've got the basics of floating covered. Just never done the Kenai before, and looking for a little info.
I am sure I could scroll through the archives and other older posts to find answers to these questions. But, I am used to having things my way, when I want them . Plus, I haven't seen too much yet this spring/early summer and can only imagine the river looks different than it did 2 years ago!
I thank you. Ruby thanks you. But most of all, my beautiful wife thanks you for any input!