Thread: Goat hunting Kodiat DG475

Default Goat hunting Kodiat DG475

This year my wife drew her first permit. I put her in for the DG475 tag because the high number of tags available. And low and behold she drew a goat tag. I am not too familiar with the area but, I have called a few friends of mine that are guides on Kodiak but they don't hunt too much in the area. I know that there are a few lakes to fly into but, I am not too excited about all of the traffic I am sure going to be in that area. I am thinking about hunting out of zachar bay by the cannery but it cost alot of money to stay there and I am not too sure about the amount of goats availiable in that area. If anyone has any input please let me know. I am more excited about my wife harvesting her first animal this year than I think I ever am about myself. I am hoping it will be a memory we both will remember for a lifetime.

call 486-1880 and talk to john crye the asst bio he'll know all about the goats down there and provide alot of insight, those guys there at the office are great, best i've ever seen working for fish and game. ammount of traffic will aslo depend on when you go...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default search the archives

lots of posts on that hunt here and on the "other" forum too.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default thanks

thanx for all the info.