Thread: Kenai Dipnetting Family camping question

Default Kenai Dipnetting Family camping question

Hello All,

I am taking my wife and five daughters on our family vacation from North Pole to try a little luck on the Kenai Peninsula. We are planning tentively to leave here around the middle of July and try to dip the Kenai around the 20-21 of July after working our way back from Homer. I've dipped the river ago on shore about 3 yrs ago and made a vow not to do that again since it's just nonsense with all the drunks that were around me. So we are taking a utility trailer with ATV's and the zodiak w/ 20 hp Honda. Along with freezer, generator, huge tent, and all the other amenities...This is going to definitely be a shoestring budget with safety being my number 1 concern.

What beach access would fare the best for a family environment, launch my raft via ATV access since I won't have a boat trailer?

What about a beach to launch for fishing the cook inlet and maybe clamming?

Thanks, Matt

With a small zodiac you should be able launch anywhere almost. You can access CI via deep creek or ninilchik rivers - you can put in the rivers.

Note that you need a 4 stroke to dipnet the kenai.

There is kenai mouth access via the loop road - googlemaps shows it pretty good.

Thanks Bullelkklr, I'm really looking foward to this trip! I fished down there about 10 yrs ago out of deep creek and did extremely well for halibut with a small Hewescraft launched by the tractors. Matter of fact I still have the gps coordinates. As far as the four stroke goes I got the Honda and after my second one I'm pretty much sold on the Hondas. Thanks for the info!

Matt