Thread: valdez, silvers

Default valdez, silvers

i forget the time range on this fishery... been a few years for me.. can anyone elighten me please

Late August and early September seems to be the best near the harbor. A little earlier if you have a boat and are going out in the Sound and finding them. After Labor Day the commercial fleet is turned loose on them, so I typically try to fish the week before Labor Day Weekend to avoid the crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by coho slayer View Post
    I typically try to fish the week before Labor Day Weekend to avoid the crowds.
    Is that statement true? Once the silvers are in, its always seems crowded. unless you are referring to the fleet.

The week of the womens derby things really pick up in town. Then the crowds are consistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridascuba View Post
    Is that statement true? Once the silvers are in, its always seems crowded. unless you are referring to the fleet.
    It's consistently busy in general at that time of year for sure, but I come during the week and avoid the holiday weekend, which is definitely more busy. But yes, either way it's busy, I just go for the less busy option.