Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Russian River trout report please

Default Russian River trout report please

Alright fellow fishers,
    I got 5 days left on the slope and one extra to get myself to the river and I'm so pumped I can hardly function. It has been almost a year since I've set the hook in roof of an Alaskan rainbows mouth. Is anyone fishing dyies? Is the lesh bite on behind tables? Are beadheads getin nailed in the deep runs? Pictures say 1000 words too

thanks in advance

they're in there and should be more when you hit the river, flesh and stones are the ticket, carry a few caddis dries and some prince's and you should have a great time start around the falls and head down river hit everything from rapids to deep holes they are every where. even had some holding in the current break caused by me standing in the middle of the river. if your going this weekend and need someone to tag along let me know.
    -Tight Lines & head shakin

what are stones?

Quote Originally Posted by 900fusion View Post
    they're in there and should be more when you hit the river, flesh and stones are the ticket, carry a few caddis dries and some prince's and you should have a great time start around the falls and head down river hit everything from rapids to deep holes they are every where. even had some holding in the current break caused by me standing in the middle of the river. if your going this weekend and need someone to tag along let me know.
    Monday late morning is the earliest I can get there! I'll be in my motorhome and I plan on staying until Thursday at least. I will be bringing a pontoon also I hope. (purchase pending) Otherwise, hell yeah, I love meeting other passionate trout chasers. PM me your number if you want. If I'm not working I'm usually fishing. Oh and was this just this past weekend you were there? Did you see any taking caddis?

Quote Originally Posted by theronn View Post
    what are stones?
    stone flys.

yeah I figured it out.... but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by duecedad View Post
    Monday late morning is the earliest I can get there! I'll be in my motorhome and I plan on staying until Thursday at least. I will be bringing a pontoon also I hope. (purchase pending) Otherwise, hell yeah, I love meeting other passionate trout chasers. PM me your number if you want. If I'm not working I'm usually fishing. Oh and was this just this past weekend you were there? Did you see any taking caddis?
    we seen a few on the kenai as we floated down last weekend taking caddis. and last time i was there "Russian Bownanza" they were hitting caddis. 907-242-2299 im available most weekends.

That's exciting news. Some days I will fish drys blind and attract fish. If you go this weekend I'd love a full, detailed report..lol
    Do you have a pontoon/raft?

Quote Originally Posted by duecedad View Post
    That's exciting news. Some days I will fish drys blind and attract fish. If you go this weekend I'd love a full, detailed report..lol
    Do you have a pontoon/raft?
    will do! no i wish i had a pontoon/raft!

Plenty of 'bows in there last night. Plenty of bears by the falls. Sow with 2 cubs, Sow with 1 cub, and one loner small boar. Within 1/4 mile of each other.

Big fishys are munching on the abundance of flesh. Reds holding between Pink and Red last night, with a bunch in cottonwood hole.

Edit:
    Plenty of A-holes too. Snagging sockeyes brings out the best in people. Some folks real pros with the kenai twitch. Watched probably 12-15 reds kept that came in sideways...

I love salmon fishing. I hate the people.

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    Some folks real pros with the kenai twitch.
    Remember this one???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKvXO9O1ok
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Thanks bro. I feel the same way.I'm just glad those type only target salmon. On the brightside the flesh bite is on!!!!! 3 1/2 more nights up here then home to prepare. Bought a used Skykomish Sunrise pontoon today (wifey completed transaction) so I will be mobile this year. I'll be there Monday. Can't wait!

I was on the Russian all day yesterday and counted about 50 rainbows at my honey hole. Wish I had brought my fly tackle with me for those Bo's. I think I saw more Bo's for awhile than I did Reds. Don't want to give out my spot (hardly anyone fishes it) but they are in there. I would recommend walking upstream about 30-40 mins (on the Russian) and start looking there. You will also get away from the crowds....somewhat.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by icb12 View Post
    Plenty of 'bows in there last night. Plenty of bears by the falls. Sow with 2 cubs, Sow with 1 cub, and one loner small boar. Within 1/4 mile of each other.

Big fishys are munching on the abundance of flesh. Reds holding between Pink and Red last night, with a bunch in cottonwood hole.

Edit:
    Plenty of A-holes too. Snagging sockeyes brings out the best in people. Some folks real pros with the kenai twitch. Watched probably 12-15 reds kept that came in sideways...

I love salmon fishing. I hate the people.
    I was there yesterday as well. I saw a lot of the sockeyes faces torn up from all the snagging going on down river. You could see them in water clearly. They looked like they were wearing a Jason Hockey Mask.
    Hate America??....then get the Hell Out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoedawg View Post
    I was on the Russian all day yesterday and counted about 50 rainbows at my honey hole. Wish I had brought my fly tackle with me for those Bo's. I think I saw more Bo's for awhile than I did Reds. Don't want to give out my spot (hardly anyone fishes it) but they are in there. I would recommend walking upstream about 30-40 mins (on the Russian) and start looking there. You will also get away from the crowds....somewhat.

So you left them there, undistrubed, for me to have my way with on monday? I would love to by you a beer! Sounds like the reds are in thick. Hope all that flesh doesn't put the Bo's off caddis. Nothing like a 20+ inch trout taking a dry. Don't get me wrong, I'll d-d flesh flies all day but that top-water stuff is off the chart.

Thanks for the update date Dawg, and if you want to take me up on the drink I'll be there Mon-Thurs next week.

Caught about 15 last night in about 5 hours. Went up towards the falls fishing deep holes and eddys. Got some monsters.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Caught about 15 last night in about 5 hours. Went up towards the falls fishing deep holes and eddys. Got some monsters.
    Right on!!!! Bugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor_1 View Post
    Where are the photos Shnicki?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigcox View Post
    Where are the photos Shnicki?

Fish On!
    Haven't got them on the comp yet but will get them up as soon as I do!

duece, I was using flesh
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast