Thread: Icicle Creek Trail (Eagle River)

Default Icicle Creek Trail (Eagle River)

Can somebody help direct me to the Icicle creek trail in Eagle River Valley?

When I use to hunt that particular side drainage back in the 70's and early 80's - prior to the Unit 14C permit system - I use to go up the left side. Karl Braendel did the same thing. I once tried going up the right side and that was a mistake and, I once tried going right up the gorge but that almost got me killed.

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick940 View Post
    When I use to hunt that particular side drainage back in the 70's and early 80's - prior to the Unit 14C permit system - I use to go up the left side. Karl Braendel did the same thing. I once tried going up the right side and that was a mistake and, I once tried going right up the gorge but that almost got me killed.
    The left side seems to be more travelled, but the right side is definitely doable. In any case, trying to go right up the gorge is a mistake!!!

I know. Scared the bee-jeebers out of me in 1980 when trying to do that route.

Thank you for the information. We're heading out on Saturday.

Have hunted this area numerous times..pull out the map and look it up. to easy to see it, along with the challenges back there. There is a very worn out trail leading back there...really not that difficult at all if you stay on it. 6 mile mark there use to be a sign that said, Icicle Creek.

Good hike, have fun
    DH
    President of Alaska Waterfowl Assoc.
    http://akwaterfowl.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alask...78020265619952
    AlaskaWaterfowlAssociation@gmail.com
    Gen.1:26
    And God said, let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.