Thread: paradise lakes and crescent lake

Default paradise lakes and crescent lake

I'm heading out into the backwoods tomorrow for another week but if you're interested I have a couple of open invites to think over.

On the kenai peninsula, I'll be heading up to upper paradise lake solo on aug. 17 to the forest service cabin there. Its float plane in only and I'm definitely flying whether alone or with company so you're welcome along if you want to go. I'll figure out the details based on interest by private message when I get back in a week and disseminate the info. The deal is to stay one night at the Upper Paradise Lake forest service cabin and then bushwhack (no established trail) and river cross with packraft 3 miles down to the Lower Paradise Lake forest service cabin which I have reserved for the night of aug. 18th. I'll have the inflatable with lines and we can all cross the Snow River one at a time, but adults only no kids on this one since I haven't done this before and not quite sure what it looks like. I'll have the float plane pick us up from Lower Paradise Lake on the 19th and then fly us back to Moose Pass.

The other solo trip is up to Crescent Lake on sept. 21. If by mountain bike or hike you show up in the vicinity, you're welcome to share the forest service cabin with me that night too. I've done it both ways before, but I think I'm gonna bike in this time. Some great grayling fishing at Crescent Lake.

a slight change of plans.

two of us are now confirmed going up on the 16th to upper paradise lake, we decided we would like to have a little extra time for exploring this remote region that we most likely won't see again. we have the upper cabin booked for the nights of august 16th, 17th and 18th...and the lower lake cabin booked for the night of the 18th too. we may not be able to cross the snow river for some reason so we double booked cabins as a back up plan, the float plane pilot will know the score on how to do the pickup before he leaves after the drop off.

It would be great to have a couple more folks join us if you can fit it in your schedule and want to see this country, but I will have to book the plane at the end of July to lock up the flight so let me know pretty soon.

tl