Thread: Black bear water taxi question

Default Black bear water taxi question

So I figured out which water taxi service I am going to use. Now I have to figure out which place i want them to take me to. They said there were 3 places I should look at and they are, Day Harbor, Glacier Bay, and Seward Thumb Cove. My question is, which one should I go to to get the best chance at shooting a bear. If someone could help me out it would be awesome.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Red face

Day harbor to shoot black bears. Thumb cove for kayakers.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Day harbor to shoot black bears. Thumb cove for kayakers.

thumb cove kinda sucks don't think there would be much hunting in there

Y'all got the right answer, Day harbor.

Whats the limit on kayakers at thumb??
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

No limit! No closed!
    "Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Default blackies: thick

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    So I figured out which water taxi service I am going to use. Now I have to figure out which place i want them to take me to. They said there were 3 places I should look at and they are, Day Harbor, Glacier Bay, and Seward Thumb Cove. My question is, which one should I go to to get the best chance at shooting a bear. If someone could help me out it would be awesome.
    Jcorwin,

I can get you in touch with a hunt buddy of mine that moved back to MN a few weeks ago - he's still stuck with his Alaskan cellphone contract for quite some time so it'll likely be an instate call from/to you. He water taxied out of Homer and rented a yurt across the way, and said that the blackies were thick as thieves over there.

If I call'm first and tell'm you're cool and to call you, I'm sure he would, and give you all the inside skinny he's got. Let me know; I just need to be remnded of your cell #; not sure I still have.

You and your good buddy T were two of the coolest guys I've met in the field in the last year, and I meet a lot of great guys out there. Good to hear from you again.