Thread: Check out my mutt. What you think she is?

Default Check out my mutt. What you think she is?

I have wanted a dog for years, finally the wife let me pick up a pup from the shelter. She was cute and cheap, and should be a great companion. Hope to take her with me when I'm out and about hunting and fishing. Maybe she'll even retrieve some birds for me some day. She really loves tracking scents I put down for her, always using that nose. So what do you think she is? Some pointer in her I'd guess... but who knows.
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few more...

Pointer/Lab mix to my eye. 100% pure good companion no doubt!

YupGSP+Lab
    "When the time comes for a man to look his Maker in the eye, where better could the meeting be held than in the wilderness?"

Congratulations! Looks like a fine dog and great friend. Best of luck to both of you.

Jim

I go along with the GSP mix. Should make a great 4 legged furry friend!

She is 5 months now and weighed in at 27 lbs. About 18'' tall. Hope she doesn't get too big.

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

If shes only 27 lbs at 5 most she may reach about 50-55. but you never know. Big is relative to their training. A small untrained dog is bigger than a large trained dog. It doesn't matter what she looks like, looks are decieving. What does she do?
    Start playing fetch with anything. I mean playing. I found with my mixed wirehaired retriever that the more I played fetch the more he wanted it. Now hes doing sight blinds and doubles, tracking scent and hunting up planted wings and dead birds.
    good luck

She likes to play fetch. She really loves tracking scents on the ground, nothing gets her excited like that. My wife will keep playing with her but unfortunately I have to deploy for 4 months. As I'm typing this my wife just let her in from the back yard and she proudly carried in the hose nozzle. Haha, she is such a funny little girl. My first real sporting breed. I am very excited just to have a dog, she is surpassing my expectations. Hopefully she'll turn out to be amazing, I'll do my best to get her there.

Thanks

you got your self there a bluetick mixed with what looks like a lab. i know cause i have a pure breed blue tick and have been using them coon hunting since i was 12

Default What is she?

I am guessing black lab-cattle dog mix. She will be smart, happy and will fetch, and herd!!