Thread: Young gunslinger's 1st bear

Default Young gunslinger's 1st bear

This is why I love alaska. I'm currently over in Afghanistan. I have two young gunslingers that are itching to get out fishing and hunting while I'm gone. I've got 3 Alaskan buddies that have gone out of their way to ensure my boys get out and experience the great land. On the latest trip, my 12 year old got the opportunity to tip over a black bear (his first). Kills me that I missed it, but thankful for the great people that include my boys in their plans. You all are great Americans and friends. jake's bear.jpg

Awesome! Great grins all around!

Stay safe.

That is a great story even without the black bear! Thanks for sharing it made my day! Congrats to your sons and friends.

Dan
    It is nice to know that there are "ALASKANS" out there, no matter where they live.

That's awesome. Thanks for your service and Happy Father's Day.

great story, congrats to him and thanks for your service.

Very nice.

Absolutely awesome! Your son did a great job, and your friend - wow, what a great man and a great way to support you and your family while you're away. Thank you for your service to our country, and thank you for sharing that story and picture with us. If you've got any more details about the hunt, we'd love to hear them.

Now thats what i call HAPPY HUNTING congrats to all!!!

Sounds like you have some great friends! Congrats to you and your boy on his bear and I hope the rest of your time in the sand box goes safely and smoothly!

Tell Jake nice job. Good looking bear.

Thats awesome. I am sure your son was super excited. Dandy of a bear he has there. Congrats to your sons and a job well done to your friends that took them out to go hunting while you are away. Thanks for your service.

The smiles say it all, great picture, congrats to Jake and thanks to your friends willing to take kids into the field. Stay safe over there!

Its a small world. If I ain't mistaken that on the far last is Lane Laforest, with his younger brother in the middle, Ol' Lanes got his Brand Spankin New 45-70 that he whacked a bear with on that same trip.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Sorry that you had to miss it. Thanks for doing what you do. They do look happy and I remember that smile on my daughters first. Cost me big $$$ for a rug. Now I'm glad that it was small!
    Semper Fi and God Bless

Congrats to your son and your friend for a job well done! Sorry you had to miss it and THANK YOU for your service! May God bring you home safe and sound to your family!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....