Thread: Sheep mount opinions

Default Sheep mount opinions

Just wanting to get some opinions as to what you guy's thought about these two different poses. I've narrowed my sheep mount pose down to these two. My horns are the ones on the left as your looking at the picture. I have plenty of spece for either, just wondering which pose people liked better.

sheep mount.BMP

That's a helluva nice sheep. I don't think you'll go wrong either way I really like both poses. The one on the right reminds me of a ram that made me out as I was getting positioned for a shot so if it were me personally I might go with that look. I guess if I had to give an opinion it would be to go with the one that reminds you most of your ram on the hoof. If you don't mind can I ask who is doing the work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Scar View Post
    That's a helluva nice sheep. I don't think you'll go wrong either way I really like both poses. The one on the right reminds me of a ram that made me out as I was getting positioned for a shot so if it were me personally I might go with that look. I guess if I had to give an opinion it would be to go with the one that reminds you most of your ram on the hoof. If you don't mind can I ask who is doing the work for you?
    Thanks. Mike Fraizer at Fur and Feather Tax in Anch. is doing the work.

I am with Ernie on this one. I like to one on the right looking straight on, but If I was going to hang it fairly high I might go left.
    I usually go with a combination of two things.
    What reminds me of the Ram.
    Where I am going to put it in the house.
    I am pretty certain that I will remain in the house that I am currently living in for the duration, so for the last several years I have been working on having my mounts fit into a certain scene or location. I have seen to many trophy rooms that just seem to have stuff tacked on the wall or thrown together.
    My wife thinks I nuts, when I tell her the house will tell me :-) Probably am………….roflmao!

The pose on the left seems to show off the mass at the bases to me.
    Great looking sheep there, AK T!

Can't you get one with the sheep growling or something? Kidding aside, I like the one on the left. You will lose some of that nice definition on top of the horn with the head up pose. Congratulations on having to make this tough decision.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

I should be so lucky. Right one for my opinion.

It seems to me the one on the left is more dynamic. More to catch the eye, more to look at. I'd go with that one based on what I can see in the photo.
    ARR

I have both of those mounts, and I prefer the Sneak position on the left. See my thread from a few days ago with the pic of my mount.