Thread: Brown bears in my bait

Default Brown bears in my bait

Well the brown bears have found my site big time! I have at least 3 maybe 4 different brownies hitting it right now. Don't have any pics of any black bears all browns. I know that sometimes the blackies will wait till the browns have left but with that many comen in kinda makes me wonder? Just wondering if I should pack it up for the season would like to hunt the rest of the season but done want to wast the money on something I can't kill! Should I wait it out or give up for the year?

The season is almost over. If it is only about killing something, pull the bait. If you enjoy spending time out, and want a chance to see grizzlies, then keep going. You never know when a black will show up, and when it will be able to sneak through the gauntlet to get to the food. I think it is better to try than give up. Besides, what are you going to do in your spare time, watch American Idol?
    Doesn't sound like much of a choice to me. And too, maybe you'll get some good photos or build some good memories by just being there.
    Good luck and have fun,
    ARR

I too have had the same issue. But there is hope. I checked my bait last night and found I have again had a brown bear on my bait, but in addition I have 2 black bears coming in as well. This should be a good weekend don't give up hope. You may want to try a honey burn as well.

I used only popcorn, kool-aid, COB, & molasses. The grizzlies found it 6/16-6/22. I hadn't been hit b4 that and have had bait out since mid may. This was just north outta Palmer. Had to pull bait barrel today because going outta town.

I was shocked to see brown on my trail cam ...
    Attached Images Attached Images