Thread: I need salmon carcasses....

Default I need salmon carcasses....

I've got a bit of an unusual request, and figured if anyone could help me out, it's the good folks on here.

I need around twenty carcasses for bait. Reds or kings, doesn't really matter. I'll come get them in Anchorage, I just need a few volunteers to bring them back home with them from the rivers. What I do need, though, is whole, filleted carcasses. Not just bits and pieces. I like to bridle them up in double-hook halibut rigs. I will also take whole king heads if you don't have the whole carcass. They are usually big enough by themselves to do the job.

PM me if you have any. Throw 'em in a kitchen garbage bag and store on ice or frozen. Unfortunately, rotten won't work. I'll replace your bag even, if you want.

I can't legally offer anything in return or I would, but thanks to anyone willing to help.

Thanks!

-CS

I'll be headed back thru Anchorage on Sunday and would be happy to drop off the weekends collection of carcasses (hopefully 6).

Will shoot ya a PM with a timeframe once I depart Cooper Landing.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Sounds good. I'll keep an eye out for it. We're staying in town and doing Father's Day stuff, so I should be around more or less, especially in the evening. Will be across town part of the day at my father-in-law's house, too.

I live on Huffman, so I might be able to intercept you on the inbound. With all this construction, it'd probably be easier to just meet at Potter Marsh boardwalk or something...

Thank you, sir, and good fishing!