Thread: Eureka trail conditions

Default Eureka trail conditions

Heading to Eureka tonight for a father's day weekend of camping and four wheeling. Any reports of trail conditions?

Trails are good, most of the water holes are hard on the bottom, only the first big one was deep enough to cause some worry. You can go around it though. I went as far up the Little Nel as I could, almost to Horsepasture, I was stopped by an ice field that was getting soft enough I couldnt drive on it without getting stuck.

We had a great weekend in the Eureka area this father's day weekend. Saturday we rode the trail to four corners to Flat creek, down to the little Nel, up Monument and back to our camp. We only had three riders but that was just fine. I was surprised at the condition of the trail from four corners to flat creek. It looks like it will not be much longer and it is going to be tough traveling. We were also surprised at how low flat creek was. We did not see lots of caribou but the ones we did see looked to be in good condition. One thing that I was surprised at was the number of side-by-side wheelers that were out there. They all seemed to be doing fine. We always enjoy the trails at Eureka.
    Good riding everyone!

i'm interested in trying out Eureka this weekend. Can someone tell me where on the highway the trailhead is located? Where to park? Are the trails easy to find and follow? Wish there was a trail map available for some of these locations.

Quote Originally Posted by cessna_ak View Post
    i'm interested in trying out Eureka this weekend. Can someone tell me where on the highway the trailhead is located? Where to park? Are the trails easy to find and follow? Wish there was a trail map available for some of these locations.
    Go past http://eurekalodge.com/ about a mile. Park in the gravel pit. If it is full, there is another one a bit farther down the road on the south side.

Maps here. http://eurekalodge.com/trails.html

Be ready for anything. Snow, sleet, hail, lightning, rain and bears.

Stay ON the trails. No need to braid, the trails have a SOLID BOTTOM.

Pack extra fuel. If you cross the Little Nelchina, be prepared to spend the night if it rains. Pack grayling gear.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Go past http://eurekalodge.com/ about a mile. Park in the gravel pit. If it is full, there is another one a bit farther down the road on the south side.

Maps here. http://eurekalodge.com/trails.html

Be ready for anything. Snow, sleet, hail, lightning, rain and bears.

Stay ON the trails. No need to braid, the trails have a SOLID BOTTOM.

Pack extra fuel. If you cross the Little Nelchina, be prepared to spend the night if it rains. Pack grayling gear.
    Very much appreciated ditofak -- I'm looking forward to the trip. Been watching youtube vids this morning of the riding out there and am excited to try some real adventures beyond the local stuff the last year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bearcat View Post
    Any reports of trail conditions?
    Recently crowded, likely beat to he11, and probably lots of ATV/UTV parts and debris on and at the base of steep slopes.