Thread: Montana Creek?????

Default Montana Creek?????

Headed up to Montana Creek with my boys, any word on the fishing up there?

hey there. from my experience fishing on montana creek can still be slow this weekend. next weekend can be dynamite. prepare for heavy combat. look for one of the fish cops and ask him for some fresh roe

My buddy was up there this morning. He said it was shoulder to shoulder, and dead.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I was there last weekend and it was also packed and very slow. < 1 fish an hour. Most people are just waiting to get lucky and snag a fish with their corkies. With that many people there fish should be caught fairly regularly.......

Drove by about 8:30ish (pm) on my way home from work, saw 2 kings being carried out. Didn't get a good look at the first one, but the second one looked like a 30lber as it was being balanced on some guys head walking down the side of the Parks. It was fat and had good color. The **** fish was almost as fat as the guys head from top/bottom. Gonna try early tomorrow morning. I'll post how it goes.

Drove up last night at around 1030 or so and there was nobody there (for good reason) and hung out for about 2 hours walking up and down river just hoping to see a fish or a roller but no such luck, looks like it is going to be another one of those years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbertha78 View Post
    Drove up last night at around 1030 or so and there was nobody there (for good reason) and hung out for about 2 hours walking up and down river just hoping to see a fish or a roller but no such luck, looks like it is going to be another one of those years.
    You need to walk down to the mouth. That's where everyone was at today. Spent most of my day down there. The sweet spots were already grabbed when I showed up and I watched several get landed throughout the day. Largest looked to be over 30lbs easy. Saw a couple jacks pulled in as well. The bigger fish were starting to show color, but it was a nice day to be out there. Just wish the river would give me my fish! lol.