Thread: Any water clarity reports for the Lower Kenai River

Default Any water clarity reports for the Lower Kenai River

With the recent rains, I was wondering if any of the folks on the Lower Kenai river the past day or so can comment on what the visibility of the Lower Kenai was...say below the Pillars.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Hey kardinal-84,
    I was fishing the Kasilof today-didn't catch any but saw 2 that were caught-and coming back across the Soldotna bridge I'd say there was about 2+ feet of visibility on the Kenai .Don't know for sure about Pillars and lower down.Anyone else care to comment ?
    I'm pretty sure that Ak F&G's website for fish counts has a visibility report now(it's near the bottom of the page)

Mile 15 just above airplane hole is nice and green.

As of tonight water conditions are very good. The water is still green and clean at the Pillars. The big tides have the water just a tad off color, especially on outgoing tide, at mud island, and a tad more off color at the pastures. It is not so off color to be unfishable, and in fact mud island produced a couple of fish this afternoon.

As of tonight it is green and clean at the Pillars. A little off color at mud island due to big tides, it's worse on outgoing, and the pastures is a little more chalked up than mud island. Mud fished ok this afternoon, and did give up a few fish.

Middle river is low and very clean.... flow is WAY behind for this time of year. No threat of Killey mud affecting the lower river at this time.

I realize we are mere days from the solstice, but all that snow and ice has got to come down at some point. Couple of good hot days could change everything.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Thanks for the reports. Might hit the river with the kayak on Monday.

the upper was like it is in the winter today... crazy crazy clear
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.