Thread: Reply function has changed

Default Reply function has changed

Did the forum software get upgraded or something, I'm seeing a new reply window I've never seen before and took a while to figure out what was what. I never had these three toolbars above the reply window before, bottom one is for tables and rows and scripts, middle one is the one I was used to, top one has source changes and the font stuff...just wondering if it's something I may have changed somehow or what?

Yeah Mark, it changed recently. I also notice that as you type it will occasionally, in the bottom right corner of the text box, "auto save" what has been typed thus far.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Hmmm, I just figured it was different because I have been using a MAC lately.

Default Note to Mods - We need tutorial on new reply functions

Okay, wow, I'm really surprised this wasn't mentioned by the mods.

What happens with me now is when I click reply it quotes the last post, and the "source" (top left) is one that you don't even see a cursor when you click in reply window, doesn't recognize return key paragraphing, bunch of weird stuff. So I have to click that a couple times to get to the WYSIWYG editor, which is what I was normally used to.

And like Hippie I noticed the autosave popup too. Plus you can expand the reply window bottom right.

Actually this new reply function kept me from posting for a couple days, initially thought it was on my end, and didn't want to mess with it. But I always change font to Times New Roman size 4 so I don't have to put on my glasses to see what I'm typing <grin>.

Would be good if mods could post a tutorial on this new reply thingee, what the new functions are and how to use them etc.

Jon, I assume you're back home now, yes? If so, welcome home!

Thanks Mark! Yes I am home and having a blast! As far as us Mod's giving any how-to info.... well we were in the dark just as much as you!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Thanks Mark! Yes I am home and having a blast! As far as us Mod's giving any how-to info.... well we were in the dark just as much as you!
    Me too,,,, mods are just spam zappers and blame takers. Admin runs the place... I'm in the dark with everyone else. LOL

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Personally....I blame Stid.....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Admin runs the place? Ha!

Our tech guru updated us to the latest vBulletin version, primarily for security reasons to the best of my understanding. We're learning right along with you.

moocow

Vbulletin was upgraded, and this came with it as a new standard feature! Looks really great on my browser, but I hear they have a few issues with firefox that they are addressing.

Anyway, if you don't like the new posting interface, go to Settings > General Settings > Miscellaneous Options - you'll get options to change the editor between the new one, the old one, and the bare-bones text box.