Thread: Talkeetna Charters

Default Talkeetna Charters

Does anybody know if Denail Anglers is still in business. I have out of state guests that are going to be in Talkeetna in August & want to go fishing for a day. Was hoping to set them up with somthing besides a clear creek drop with Mahays, but it appears Chad is no longer operating there? Any suggestions.

I'm in and out of boat launch a lot and don't recall seeing Denali Anglers logo this year. The two I can recall right now is Three Rivers charters & Phantom charters. Phantom may be associated with Mahays because I see him using their landing. I know there are other smaller operations going on because I see the guide sticker on the boats, and clients fishing.
    Personally I like the Phantom Charters because of their cool boat, (A camo Phantom SportJon just like mine! ) I've chatted with the owner and he seems a like a very nice person.
    What kind of outfit/fishing are you looking for? If you want I can ask around for names.

Looking for just for a day trip for some silvers & possibly some rainbows time permitting. Dont' get me wrong I like to camp at clear creek but will be out of town when they are here. But I have seen guides that just motor up just past the confulece & set out eggs using big heavy ugly sticks, get there fish & go. Was hoping for a little more than that, especially since one them is a musky guide in MN. Anyway I wll try & find Phantom Charters & appreciate any info you find out.
    thanks,

I will talk to some locals in the morning.
    BTW - it's Tri-Rivers Charters, not Three rivers. I also saw another outfit called Fishbone Charters on the water today.

Denail Anglers was run by Dan Valentine, who is now retired. Dan was a great guide, we were sad to see him hang up his boots. Fishbone Charters is run by Todd Kingery, who I'd definitely vouch for. He's a good guide who knows the fishery well and can customize the trip to meet your wants. Good luck.

Fishermans Choice Charters also runs on the Talkeetna

Went with tri river a couple years ago and had a blast, really good guide. I caught my first Alaskan king. Actually, I caught and released 5 in less than 4 hours and lost at least that many, including a really nice fish which the guide was sure was well into the 50's. I had it right at my feet, in a hole, and when I horsed it up to have it netted it jumped up right in my face. I'll never forget that. Ran downstream and broke me off. My friend caught his first ever king too, a 37#er.

Another I learned about today is Talkeetna River Guides. One of their offerings is using a jet boat to run a couple of people, a guide, and a raft up river and drop them off to float back fishing.

Looks like you've got plenty of options. Hope your guests have a blast!

Thanks Kevin,
    I have sent a email already trying to get a res.