Thread: Spring Black Bear drop hunt

Question Spring Black Bear drop hunt

Anyone use Riptide Charters for spring black bear drop hunts or as a transporter in PWS? They're advertising (in the ADN gun section) $425 for drop off hunts in PWS. I've never hunted for blacks and from reading this forum thought it would be wiser to actually have a boat to scan the beaches. What do you guys think of a drop off style black bear hunt in PWS? Is $425 reasonable?

Tim

Tim - I might be going out right after school gets out. If our boat is running, I'm going to give it a shot for at least a couple of days. You're more than welcome to come along, though I can't guarantee that I'll be going. I'll keep you posted.

-Brian

By the way, $425 seems like a pretty good price, depending on how far they're willing to run you. If they're just going to drop you in Culross I wouldn't do it, but if they're willing to run you farther than that...seems like a good way to go.

-Brian

Smile

I'd love to go. I only have a 16' Hewescraft Sea Runner; I may be able to ply the beaches near Whittier, but I can't and wouldn't go far.

Keep me posted if you guys get the boat together. We (wife & kids) usually go camping/fishing on memorial weekend, but I'd be up for going after that.

Tim

Jay Jensen is a top notch captain and will do you well. He's well worth the $425. I know a lot of people that have used him with excellent results. I tried to last year but my schedule got complicated and I didn't get a chance to go. I use him for halibut every year and he's proven to be a quality outfit.

Default website

can someone give me his website...
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default Can't find...

his web site. His phone # is listed in the Anchorage Daily News under the guns section offering the black bear drop. I googled Riptide Charters and got a lot of stuff.

Tim