Thread: This is NOT funny !!!

Default This is NOT funny !!!

So I'm heading up tomorrow, and I called my buddy that lives in Wasilla. I asked him, "Where's the best place for me to get a "king" this weekend". He replied, "Try Carr's or Mat Valley Meats".

NOT FUNNY !!!
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

Quote Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
    So I'm heading up tomorrow, and I called my buddy that lives in Wasilla. I asked him, "Where's the best place for me to get a "king" this weekend". He replied, "Try Carr's or Mat Valley Meats".

NOT FUNNY !!!
    Not funny but probably true. I havent heard of a lot of hot spots.

Sad but true.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

That's the same as I have been hearing
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Don't give up yet. The Kasilof is still producing but you have much better luck in a drift boat.

Default Very Slow

Brad,

I am lucky If I get 4-5 bites with a group of 4. Some days if we are lucky we catch two or even three but two of them are likely to be 17-22 inches with one in the 15-34 pound range. Needs to have some serious mgt tools used for the future of the run, but will not likely happen until some of the other larger fisheries suffer.

Greg

They're fish being caught on the Deshka. Don't know if you have access to a boat, but if you do try there...
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Yeah what he said, deshka deshka deshka. Should see some big number in the next week or so according to previous years weir numbers

LOTS of boats/people at the deshka

i don't know if any one has been out there this week so far but i was there Sunday and it stunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there was a lot of boats! So many to the point were only one boat at a time could get in or out of the mouth because of all the people around M&M's.

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    i was there Sunday and it stunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What are you talking about? From 6am to 6:30am it was pretty hot Sunday morning.............but after that, well, we had a great day in my friend's boat and my daughter really improved her casting. I learned that internet recommendations for brands of line should not be trusted (P-Line CXX is complete garbage for spinning gear). I did find it interesting that the same issue in duck hunting with a regulated start time also applys to fishing start times.

What I found interesting was that nobody that I could tell were using eggs was hooking up. Every fish I saw caught in the area of M&M's was on a lure. Either Vibrax or a hot shot type lure being cast. After all the support on here last year for the krill flavored egg cure stuff I am really disapointed with the results from Sunday - not a single strike or mouthing of any kind. No bites even later in the morning when some space was made at one of the deeper holes and we had a few rollers around us. Those fish were not hitting lures either by then. Maybe the krill stuff is better suited for silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    What are you talking about? From 6am to 6:30am it was pretty hot Sunday morning.............but after that, well, we had a great day in my friend's boat and my daughter really improved her casting. I learned that internet recommendations for brands of line should not be trusted (P-Line CXX is complete garbage for spinning gear). I did find it interesting that the same issue in duck hunting with a regulated start time also applys to fishing start times.

What I found interesting was that nobody that I could tell were using eggs was hooking up. Every fish I saw caught in the area of M&M's was on a lure. Either Vibrax or a hot shot type lure being cast. After all the support on here last year for the krill flavored egg cure stuff I am really disapointed with the results from Sunday - not a single strike or mouthing of any kind. No bites even later in the morning when some space was made at one of the deeper holes and we had a few rollers around us. Those fish were not hitting lures either by then. Maybe the krill stuff is better suited for silvers.
    So 30 min of good fishing constitues "HOT"? Ok well if that is how you define it so be it. Me on the other hand I disagree. Consider the normal number of fish that pass the weir in a day during the peak. You should catch a few fish all day if you are there C/R fishing. Not "hot" for 30 min while the few get yarded out. And I think there is a reason eggs aren't as effective as lures, you don't cover as much ground.

Fished the Fasilof on Sunday and we went 4 for 11 on kings. We didn't even fish the whole tide.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

i have heard good things about the rivers down south! I am heading there friday!

Quote Originally Posted by FishGod View Post
    Fished the Fasilof on Sunday and we went 4 for 11 on kings. We didn't even fish the whole tide.
    Sorry, I fished the Kasilof not the Fasilof.
    Your bait stinks and your boat is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by kenaibow fan View Post
    So 30 min of good fishing constitues "HOT"? Ok well if that is how you define it so be it.
    Tounge in Cheek humor is lost on some folks. I keep forgetting that there is valid reason for those smiley faces.

Nothing is really hot up in the waters of Mat Su, very very very slow but got a good tan last week on the water. so i guess you could say that was "hot"...... yep I hear Carrs and Mat Valley Meats are hot for fish too......)

Quote Originally Posted by AK Ray View Post
    Tounge in Cheek humor is lost on some folks. I keep forgetting that there is valid reason for those smiley faces.
    gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by akgiauque View Post
    Brad,

I am lucky If I get 4-5 bites with a group of 4. Some days if we are lucky we catch two or even three but two of them are likely to be 17-22 inches with one in the 15-34 pound range. Needs to have some serious mgt tools used for the future of the run, but will not likely happen until some of the other larger fisheries suffer.

Greg
    Hi Greg, I'll look for you out there this weekend.
    brad g.
    So Cal, USA
    Visit my Sporting Clays website
    http://www.ysr-racer.com

the columbia is suppose to get the best run since 1946 isn't it?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.