Thread: Flyfishin the slope?

Default Flyfishin the slope?

Hey guys, new to the slope and wondering what flies to use on the rivers? any help would be great!

Tightlines
    Bryan

mosquitoes
    Passing up shots on mergansers since 1992.

That was funny don't forgot black flies etc.....

So to expand the answer just a little a fish is a fish is fish and a river is a river is a river each of course has specific ent. i.e. a bugs life as well as specifics related to the each lake and or ocean that may be attatched. Most rivers in AK do have some type of fresh water Lamprey and Scuplins as well as Caddis, Stone Flies, Midges, Chroms,Mosquitoesand several have May Flies as well. Depending on location they might also have Crane, Dragon and Damsel flies. Slopre rivers will have some all or each. I know I know I am full of it today.

Basic Rule of thumb to help - Something shinny size 2-4-6 that looks like a minnow a Clouser Minnow is a great attractor patter fishes well all over the world. Another basic search and destroy patter would be a Down Wing Coachman Trude royal or otherwise sizes 10-12-14 for most rivers this sets you up for covering a wide varity of flies. Stand by depending on the river would a Griffith Gnat size 12-14-16 and of course everyones favorite a size 4-6-8 Bead Head Wooll-E Bugger Olive and Black will put you in the mix.

Of course there are game changers depending on if Salmon are available in the river but the ones listed above have a good chance of putting you into fish on a regular basis on just about any water including lakes.

Hope the data helps! Have fun and tight lines.

Damsel or dragon fly nymphs black or olive beadhead woolybuggers, some bead heads like pheasant tails and hare's ear and definitley parachute Adams drys.

I do very well with a olive green wool-E-bugger... Havn't tried much else since I do so well with this

Love those colors.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

I head north July 1st---have any slopers been fishing lately.It'll be a 3 week hitch so I will be bringing up a pole.How is the Sag looking ?It is the closest to AOH for me.The Putt ?the Kaparuk ?
    Throw a guy a bone.............