Thread: Chitina King Video

Thumbs up Chitina King Video

My buddy Frank had just landed his king and my dad was taking a picture of him with it when my net was hammered by a king down deep. I got the fish up to surface and my dad quickly turned from taking pictures to video. I had caught him from the other side of the boat and worked him around to the video side, but this boy was wrestling with me from the time he hit the net. I'm real happy with this net, so far two seasons with it and only two small broken strands that are up high. I think this king might have caused one of them with as much as he was wiggling. He was the largest of the 5 we caught, so we were happy to get a decent sized one. We estimated him at 30-35 lbs.

Sorry for the wind noise, it was blowing pretty good down there this weekend.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ql2PjtHSBI

Quote Originally Posted by Jerod View Post
    My buddy Frank had just landed his king and my dad was taking a picture of him with it when my net was hammered by a king down deep. I got the fish up to surface and my dad quickly turned from taking pictures to video. I had caught him from the other side of the boat and worked him around to the video side, but this boy was wrestling with me from the time he hit the net. I'm real happy with this net, so far two seasons with it and only two small broken strands that are up high. I think this king might have caused one of them with as much as he was wiggling. He was the largest of the 5 we caught, so we were happy to get a decent sized one. We estimated him at 30-35 lbs.

Sorry for the wind noise, it was blowing pretty good down there this weekend.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ql2PjtHSBI
    Nice! I didn't even see a king when I was out there.

Unrelated note, but what kind of boat is that? I'm thinking about getting a river/near-shore boat that I can use for multi-purpose.

It's the SeaArk Predator. I talked to Compeau's and they don't sell them anymore, and said they don't think anybody in the state sells them anymore. I heard last year you could get them through Dewey's in Anchorage, but only if you ordered them. I picked the Predator over the Sport Jon since it has more cargo capacity and fit what I wanted in a boat a little more. The Sport Jon/SJX has quite a few more creature comforts, but costs quite a bit more.

It runs great on the Copper, but since it is a shallow water boat with a tunnel, it sucks air on the big waves. It's a great all around boat though, I run quite the variety of rivers with it.

Thanks for the info. I couldn't read what it said on the side and showed my wife the video and she immediately said, "Predator"....lol.

I think I'm more likely to get a little more of an ocean boat so I can feel comfortable trolling out of Valdez or Seward for salmon, but not huge so I can use it in the rivers. I do like that style for just zipping around rivers, though. Never know, though. For the right price I'd get just about any specialty boat.