Thread: 454 Ruger

Default 454 Ruger

I am thinking about mounting a red dot sight on my 454. Would the recoil mess with the accuracy? Does anyone have a suggestion or brand that would work well? Thanks.

My hunting partner has played with one but likes his Buris 1-4 power better. It seemed to work OK. Jim

Default red dots

I mounted a Trupoint "Truglo" on my super redhawk .44 and like it. Recoil is not a problem for the sight, even with full house loads. It's light weight, compact, and has an unlimited field of view.

Previously I had a Nikon 2x scope on the gun which was fine in good light conditions but was bulky. Finding your target is much slower with the scope I found.

check out aimpoint. they're relied on in combat, they can really take a beating, and they're very easy to use.

Default 454 Ruger

A buddy of mine has a red dot on his 454 Ruger Super Redhawk. I fired it a few times. He hunts with it and has for a while now. No problems with the recoil messing up the scope. I think its a bushnell.

KatzMO

Default Red Dot

Thanks guys. I want to give one a try. I am would really like to increase my accuracy with this gun without sacrificing the ability to use it quickly for bear protection.