Thread: Raven/Trickster Fishing Help

Default Raven/Trickster Fishing Help

So yesterday was opening day on stocked rainbow lakes in my neck of the woods. It was a couple mile hike in, nice overcast skies, a gentle breeze pushing the bugs to a predictable spot on the lake. Everything should be lining up I though. Nothing. Hadn't seen any adult trout, no jumpers, no followers. I was stumped why I hadn't had a strike at my "Honey Holes" and a good 50 cast into the evening.

Then I see a huge raven fly over head away from me. Bored, and hopeful I uttered to the bird, " You show me where the fish are and I I'll leave some for you". I was just goofing. The raven continued it's flight without flinching.

The next cast I connect with and land a 20"er. Dumbfounded, I unhook the fish, retie, cast. I hook and pull 19"er on the beach. Then a lull, no fish for a few cast, I move 20 yards, 18" trout in the bag. Then 17"er on the shore, then a 16"er pulled in to terra firma.

A limit within a few minutes after asking for help. Needless to say I left the heads and guts on a bleached out log for the Ravens return.

Who else has stories about paranomal wildlife encounters? I'm not saying talking to wildlife helps but...

quote: "Who else has stories about paranomal wildlife encounters? I'm not saying talking to wildlife helps but... "

I talk to my wife, sometimes.