Thread: Wyatt's Magazine Box ?

Default Wyatt's Magazine Box ?

I am considering installing a Wyatt Extended Magazine Box for a Model 70 chambered in 7mm STW. Has anyone done this? Is there a trick to it, or it simple project for a mill? Have you experienced feeding issues afterwards? I appreciate you sharing your experiences with me.
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I've never done it myself but I got one for a Remy 700 and can see what needs to be done. From a couple of reviews I read it sounds like a fairly easy project. That being said, I'm giving it and all the other parts for my build to my smith so he can take all the credit

This is the part that seems tricky... Shorten face of bolt stop .110" (figure 2) to accomodate extra box length. (From Wyatt's site)

How would one do this?

Shortening the bolt stop and ejector should be a straightforward process with a file. I can mill the magazine mortise without any difficulty and the other mods seem simple enough; my question had more to do with feeding after installation and if there were any "tricks" to the process.

I think this will be a winter project...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

I had not thought about the feeding issue.. Good line of thought. I spoke with Mr. Wyatt and ordered a couple of these for my rifles. Will be interesting to see how the project gos....