Thread: How do you like my ground blind

Default How do you like my ground blind

Well It is a ground blind, it's just not on the ground. Works great for rain and covering camera/gun movement. The mesh helps with the bugs, although I do not have many to dela with where I hunt.
    Black Bear Video coming soon!
    Louis
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's the Taj Mahal of bear blinds! How do you live with yourself, living such a spoiled life?

that IS a nice setup. no bugs, no rain.....got a tv in there?

Looks very comfortable and well built. Hope it's on private land. Looks pretty permanent to me. Not trying to be critical or anything. That's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it. I have often thought about building a permanent stand myself. I have just been afraid to because I don't want to lose my hunting privileges. Again, don't take it personal. I am not trying to judge. That is merely the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the picture. Other than that it looks like a fantastic stand. Shoot, you could camp out up there for days if you wanted to.

Ground blind till the snow melted
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwhack Jack View Post
    Looks very comfortable and well built. Hope it's on private land. Looks pretty permanent to me. Not trying to be critical or anything. That's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw it. I have often thought about building a permanent stand myself. I have just been afraid to because I don't want to lose my hunting privileges. Again, don't take it personal. I am not trying to judge. That is merely the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the picture. Other than that it looks like a fantastic stand. Shoot, you could camp out up there for days if you wanted to.
    Bushwhack,
    Thanks for the comment. The best part about this stand is it is only attached to the tree via six lag bolts. It is on and off the tree very easily. If you look pretty close you can see the cables that support the platform.
    Louis

Quote Originally Posted by sh View Post
    that IS a nice setup. no bugs, no rain.....got a tv in there?
    No Tv, just a honda generator, micro and popcorn :-)

I need a blind like that for the next time the wife throws me out of the house!
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

Looks a lot like my buddies set up. He did it so his little girls could be comfortable. Problem is you can't get a bow shot off to save your life. But the kids are out of the wind, the Thermacell keeps the skeeters out, and the kids can move around just about as much as they want w/ not problem. The pop up also gives some security from just free falling off the edge too. Not a bad idea all in all, except the part of not bow shots. That's a bummer for me.
    Nice stand, very clean.
    ARR

An old Lazyboy recliner and your set! Had a buddy with one on his shooting treehouse in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Looks a lot like my buddies set up. He did it so his little girls could be comfortable. Problem is you can't get a bow shot off to save your life. But the kids are out of the wind, the Thermacell keeps the skeeters out, and the kids can move around just about as much as they want w/ not problem. The pop up also gives some security from just free falling off the edge too. Not a bad idea all in all, except the part of not bow shots. That's a bummer for me.
    Nice stand, very clean.
    ARR
    ARR Bowshot really depend on the type of ground blind. This blind Ameristep Dreamseason has 21 shoot through windows with plenty of bow shooting opportunities. U can't really see it the picture, but both the top and bottom panels open and allow you to shoot through them. It works great for a bow

Quote Originally Posted by cusackla View Post
    ARR Bowshot really depend on the type of ground blind. This blind Ameristep Dreamseason has 21 shoot through windows with plenty of bow shooting opportunities. U can't really see it the picture, but both the top and bottom panels open and allow you to shoot through them. It works great for a bow
    I have a couple different styles of Ameristep blinds, and bow shots are really no problem in any of them. I have seen some blinds that could hinder bow shots, but mine seem to be fine.

Looks almost as nice as my ground blind I used for whitetails back in Michigan.
    Paul